Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!


So, I could sit here crying into my keyboard because it's Annual Singles Awareness Day and blah-de-blah, once again I'm spending it alone... however, I'm getting a little tired of being bitter. I feel like this huge portion of my life has been spent moaning over the things I DON'T have and the way my life ISN'T and how everything could be better. When in all truth, I have a pretty good life. I spend the majority of my time being happy. I have a job and a roof over my head and food in the cupboard and friends that make me laugh and a family that never ceases to amaze me - so what's there to cry about?

Sure, there are things that I'd like to change, but instead of complaining, how about I get up and do something? I could sit here and curl up in a ball today because I don't have a boyfriend to bring me flowers and chocolates or I can be thankful for all that I do have and I can just enjoy all the sunshine and love in my life.

There are people in this world that I love, people in this world that love me and I can rest in the comfort of this knowledge. For now, that's enough.

No comments: