Friday, June 3, 2011

Things I'm Loving

1. Nerdist podcast
Chris Hardwick, host of Web Soup, and his friends Matt Mira and Jonah Ray talk about nerdy things and interview awesome people. And when I say "nerdy things" I mean everything from video games to to stand-up to television to movies to crappy jobs and everything in between. I really don't know anything about comics and video games so that stuff loses me but I'm always entertained. My favorites are of course the podcasts with celebrity guests because they go above and beyond what you normally hear in celebrity interviews. The best in my opinion are are Joel McHale's (he tells hilarious stories about his kids, Donald Glover's (they joke about writing a Back to the Future musical based on Mayor Goldie Wilson and Donald describes the Simpson's Spec script that landed him his 30 Rock writing job), Rainn Wilson's (they have a fascinating conversation about religion and philosophy) and Damon Lindelof's (they discuss Lost and the different ways one can watch and enjoy a television show). But other awesome guests include Wil Wheaton, Ed Helms, Matt Smith, Jimmy Fallon, Craig Ferguson, Alison Brie and Danny Pudi. It's highly entertaining stuff and I'm pretty sure that listening to these podcasts is the only thing that kept me sane when I got stuck in traffic for 10 hours on I-5 the other day. Blech.

Also, if I can afford it I'm going to try to see their live podcast show in San Diego during ComiCon in July.

2. This video.


What was that you just heard? Oh yeah, it was the sound of my soul SQUEEING in delight. That one minute of video just made a top five list of CUTEST THINGS I'VE EVER LAID EYES ON. EVER.

3. The new Fleet Foxes album
Holy crapsicles. How did it take me so long to download this album? It's is in one word, CRA-MAZING-ALICIOUS. That's not a word? Whatever. This album makes me stupidly incoherent. Favorite songs right now: Lorelai, Battery Kinzie, Sim Sala Bim and Grown Ocean.

4. Coconut Frappucuinos from Starbucks
Chocolate is awesome. Coconut is awesome. Put them together and what do you get? A new addiction for Shannon.

5. Greendale Texts from Last Night
I find the website Texts From Last Night to be hilarious because I will always love crazy drunk people. And now there's Greendale Texts from Last Night which superimposes these amazing texts over screencaps from Community. Again, it's simple math. Add two already great things together and you get something that gives me irrepressible happiness.

One of my favorites.

I just spent a half an hour on that site looking for the best ones to post here. So pretty much it's just one big time suck for me. FYI, there's a Texts from Pawnee too.

Oh internet, I give up. You win.

No comments: