Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More Things I'm Loving

1. This video


Look how much they've grown up!!! Oh crap, I need to go do some preemptive crying.

2. Tumblr
Yeah, yeah I'm about two years late on this one but better late than never right? So why do I love tumblr? Cause it's pretty. It's like twitter with pictures.

My tumblr link: http://alittlebitofrandomnessinmylife.tumblr.com/

3. Honeysuckle in bloom
I had to take my car in for an oil change the other day and while I was waiting I walked down the street to Coffee & Bean. The sun was out, the warm day tempered by a slight breeze, and the sidewalk was lined with honeysuckle in bloom, tickling my nose with an aroma that is nothing short of delicious. Instantly I was reminded of my college days, walking with my roommates to the Caf for a dinner that would inevitably stretch into an hour plus of sitting around the table complaining about the food and eating too much desert and laughing so hard our sides ached. Honeysuckle grows aplenty around that campus and the scent of it never fails to take me back to this time. I still keep in touch with most of these girls but occasionally I ache for how much I miss the simplicity of life before the "real world."

4. My hair
It's narcissistic shallowness. I've always either loved or hated my hair which, when left to dry natural becomes a frizzy mess and when styled curly or straight is still unpredictable and prone to dry ends and oily roots. Good hair days can be few and far between and bad hair days can sink me into a foul mood of constant grumbliness about life in general. BUT. I've recently switched to a sulfate-free shampoo and silicone-free product and it seems to be making all the difference in the world. My hair as of late has been silky and bouncy and in turn I've found good moods much easier to come by. Shallow? Indeed. Do I care? Not really.  

5. Death Cab for Cutie's new album 
It hasn't received the most stellar reviews so I was a little wary but honestly, I love it. I haven't listened to it with the extent that I've listened to Narrow Stairs or Transatlanticism but it's a really lovely album. Ben Gibbard's voice will always make me happy though, as depressing as some of his songs can be (I have several DCFC songs on a playlist in my itunes that is entitled "Angst.") Although, it must be said this this album is by far the most cheerful I've ever heard this band. It's kind of refreshing and I enjoy seeing the transformation between albums. Favorite songs so far: Home is a Fire, Codes and Keys, Monday Morning, Underneath the Sycamore, Stay Young Go Dancing.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I miss talking and laughing and ranting in the caf and walking around campus!!