Tuesday, March 29, 2011

100 Random Facts

1. I turned 28 years old yesterday.
2. I've never been a fan of birthdays.
3. I cried yesterday. For a lot of reasons. Most of them are stupid.
4. I still cry at the last episode of Boy Meets World
5. I have actually cried listening to rap music. (I blame Donald Glover)
6. Country music makes me cry for an entirely different reason.
7. Seeing other people cry makes me cry.
8. Inspirational Disney sports movies make me cry.
9. I'm an emotional person. Clearly.
9. I can easily eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting
10. I always wanted to be married by the time I was 25.
11. However, I am actually not jealous of my married friends.
12. This doesn't mean that I don't still WANT that. And think about it a lot.
13. If one more person says it'll "happen when I least expect it" I swear...
14. Sometimes I'm not sure if I even want kids anymore.
15. I'm hate being yelled at. I avoid it whenever possible.
16. Sometimes I think I'm more in love with the idea of being in love.
17. I'd be happy never having to wear shoes again.
18. I spend entirely too much time online.
19. My favorite teacher was my 12th grade English teacher Mrs. Dobrowski
20. I think cilantro is evil.
21. I used to think my sisters didn't like me very much
22. I've seen Gavin DeGraw in concert 6 times. It's been awhile. I miss him.
23. I talk to my cat.
24. Sometimes I lie to my journal.
25. I do my best thinking in the shower.
26. My water bill is atrocious.
27. I have the tendency to eat my feelings.
28. It's strangely hard to think of 100 random things about myself.
29. I fear being an incredibly boring person that no one wants to talk to.
30. I did not attend my senior prom
31. The first book I remember reading is "Heckedy Peg"
32. I hate movie gore.
33. My favorite movie is Princess Bride.
34. My second favorite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
35. My third favorite movie is Say Anything.
36. If Lloyd Dobler was real I would be in love with him.
37. I've suffered from insomnia since I was 10
38. I've lost 40 lbs over the past five years.
39. Getting older terrifies me.
49. I don't believe in not having regrets.
50. I do believe in God.
51. My faith and my religion are often at odds with each other.
52. I wish I was braver.
53. My grandparents are two of the best people I've ever known
54. I believe everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.
55. This doesn't mean I won't judge you for yours.
56. I only agree with you because I'm just not in the mood to debate.
57. I voted for Barack Obama.
58. I would do it again.
59. I grew up thinking that "liberal" was a dirty word.
60. I went through a childhood phase terrified my parents would abandon me.
61. My parents never abandoned me.
62. I'm conditioned to think that all drivers of Escalades are douchebags.
63. I saw Leonardo DiCaprio at In-N-Out one time but didn't recognize him.
64. I worked at Jamba Juice for three years.
65. I worked at a chiropractic office for three years.
66. In October I will have been at my current job for three years. Hmm.
67. I was in the room when my best friend gave birth to her daughter.
68. It's cliche to say but the miracle of life really is just that.
69. Sometimes I think I made a mistake in my choice of colleges.
70. I believe that most fears in life stem from the fear of failure.
71. I think I'm just now going through the rebellious teenage phase of life.
72. I can procrastinate like no one's business.
73. I'm supposed to be working right now.
74. I'm my own worst critic.
75. I saw Titanic in the theater 5 times.
76. The above was one of the first great obsessions of my life.
77. I love reading young adult novels.
78. I have a tattoo of three hearts on my shoulder in honor of my sisters.
79. The idea of there being NO afterlife scares me more than the idea of hell.
80. My favorite food is lasagna.
81. But I could probably survive solely on Mexican food if I needed to.
82. Current complaint: horrible sore throat
83. Current celebrity crush: Joel McHale
84. Current favorite TV show: Community
85. Current addiction: Tiny Wings
86. Currently reading: I Know I Am But What Are You by Samantha Bee.
87. Currently wearing: sweatshirt and pajama pants
88. Currently eating: ice cream cake
90. Currently listening to: Adele's Someone Like You
91. I love baking. Especially cupcakes.
92. I wish life came with a soundtrack.
93. I enjoy making lists.
94. I have no idea why you're still reading this.
95. My favorite colors are blue and yellow
96. Being winked at makes me weak at the knees
97. Harry Potter > Twilight.
98. I was told once that shyness is a form of self-centeredness.
99. This made me re-evaluate myself in a huge way.
100. Right here, right now, life isn't perfect. But I'm happy.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love you friend! I was glad that I knew a lot of these items while reading this list and we need to hunt down gavin, like right now.

Unknown said...

Shannon,

We're writing from the Tostitos Reunite America Campaign. We found your blog related to a search for people talking about connecting with favorite teachers.

We really enjoyed a lot of your posts. Being big fans of Community might have played a role but regardless here's why we write. We're conducting a campaign working to reconnect people who are looking to reunite. We noticed you moved when you were young and sometimes those circumstances drive people to participate in our campaign.

Regardless, we'd love to hear if you'd be interested in reconnecting with anyone, teacher, childhood friend, family member, anywhere in the country. You supply the story, we supply the resources if your story is chosen.

All you have to do is go to our page at Facebook: book.com/Tostitos?ref=ts&sk=app_158498747530557

Tell your story and hopefully we can help make it happen.

Thanks for the time. We'd love to hear from you.

Dan
Tostitos Reunite America Campaign