Monday, October 25, 2010

What Goes Up...


... Must Come Down (Or, Things That Happened This Weekend).

1.) Food Poisoning. Or something. Something awful and horrible and it might be awhile before I can look at a hamburger the same way again.

2.) My friend Melissa flew in from Chicago to hang out for the weekend. I drove to LAX to pick her up (while still suffering from the food poisoning mentioned above) armed with an entire bottle of Pepto Bismol.

3.) Traffic in L.A. kicked my ass. Melissa's flight got in at 3:45. We didn't get back to my house until almost 8:00.

Dear 405 Freeway,

I hate you.

Love,
Shannon


4.) Melissa, being on Central Time and having just spent four hours on a plane and three hours in the car on the damn freeway, needed food. (My stomach was still attempting to tear it's way from my body, so I was good). We stopped at Sharkey's but the wait was 40 minutes so we decided it would be easier to just go through the In & Out drive thru.

5.) This was not a good idea. Enough said.

6.) The next night (after a day of "haha, oh wait, you mean my In & Out adventure isn't over yet?" fun) we went to the local Community College production of Rent. It was actually pretty awesome and I was pleasantly surprised. I had only ever seen the movie version of Rent and I wasn't huge fan. Needless to say, the stage production = BETTER. One of my sister's friends was in the ensemble and it was a lot of fun to see him up there kicking ass with the singing and whatnot.

7.) On Saturday we attended our Alma Mater's Homecoming Game. Our team won. Yay! (And quite handily too. 38-7). Afterward there was a Festival where they had food and drinks and games and such.

8.) It was our five year reunion so there were a handful of people from our class there. Hardly anyone recognized me. And I'm not super surprised. I didn't have a million friends while I was there and the friends I did have are all scattered around the country and probably not going to make it for a little dinky 5 Year Reunion. Also, I'm 40 lbs lighter and brunette now. I don't look the same. These are good things.

9.) We took a drive down to the coast and had dinner at Duke's in Malibu. The food was delicious and the sunset over the water was gorgeous.

10.) This is where I realized I lost my debit card.

11.) Bank of America sucks.

12.) On Sunday we drove down to Burbank and had lunch with a couple of Melissa's friends, then walked through IKEA and found ourselves wishing for an endless supply of money.

13.) We ended out the weekend on the couch, watching 50 First Dates and Pretty Woman (Commercial free! Thanks USA!) and snacking on Pinkberry yogurt.

14.) We got up at 5:00 this morning so Melissa could get back to the airport on time.

15.) It took me 2 hours to get home. Once again 405 Freeway, see the above note.

16.) Despite the title of this post and the food poisoning and the In & Out drive thru debacle and the lost debit card and the utter FAIL that is the 405 freeway, it was a good weekend.

MELISSA! MOVE BACK!!!

That is all.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It was a weekend to remember!! Thanks again and say hi to the kitten for me!!