Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm Having a Moment

I can maybe understand why people get so easily addicted to drugs. Not that I'm personally into any illegal substances (that you know of mom, what what? - TOTALLY KIDDING). But there's something deliciously thrilling about being in a state of perpetual blissful high. Right now, my drug of choice? Life.

Life and friends and family and music and writing are lifting me up in a way, right now, that is hard to even describe. There's that whole Miltonian idea of Felix Culpa, a fortunate fall. Sometimes you have to know darkness before you can know light. Or, put another way, life has to really, really suck balls before you can appreciate the beauty of everything else that is there.

Now, yeah, obviously my life never got that dark, nothing completely tragic struck me down. Just a couple of crappy people and some bad decisions. But a year removed from all that muck and I feel like there is this constant light of happiness shining over me and I'm probably going to start freaking people out with my overzealous optimism and joy right now. (Seriously, how depressing was I that now every time I post something positive on Facebook people are like, WOW, WHO ARE YOU?)

So what's good?

Well, the next month is going to be filled with traveling and visiting friends and the Lollapalooza Music Festival in Chicago and really, this is all I need in my life - some amazing music, people to laugh with, and places to go and see and explore. And then I can come home and write about it all. This is my life. I like you.

Also, on July 1st I went to a promo shoot for some wrap-arounds that NBC is doing during a Community marathon tomorrow night. And let me let you, this day was incredible. There really are no words. Ken Jeong and Joel McHale were present and I'm not lying when I say that they were ridiculously kind and sweet and AMAZINGLY funny. And I got to spend five hours with them shooting these promo clips and laughing and oh yeah, now I'm going to be on NBC tomorrow. Say what?

Yeah, look for me. I'll be the girl with the WTF? expression as Ken Jeong whispers INSANE things in my friend's ear while sitting on her lap. Yes, this happened.

These things also happened:

Joel McHale tweeted a picture of me 

Joel McHale clearly thinks I'm awesome

These things feel surreal and not normal to my life. But hey, I'm up for change.

Also, did I say I have amazing friends? Cause I do and right now I feel like I'm wrapped in this constant cocoon of support and encouragement and love and hours long phone conversations about nonsense and friends who text me pictures of cupcakes when I'm sad, and genius people who flail with me for three hours at IHOP over television shows and writing, and okay I'm rambling like an idiot.

But life right now, is a beautiful thing and I'm having this moment and eating it too.

(I don't know what that means. Ignore me.)

LOVE.

No comments: